Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ditat Deus

okay so the past few days have been very exciting and apprehensive at the same time. Mostly because I found out that i got a job for the summer at Anasazi! Anasazi is an outdoors camp for troubled youth in Arizona. I'm going to be a "trail walker" which is basically like a councelor. When i first found out i got the job, i was a little hesisant whether to take it or not, just because i've been having so much fun lately in Utah and i already had some good summer plans. However, Anasazi is really a once in a life time opportunity and it will be an amazing experience. I am really really really excited!!! I start May 6th, so I will be moving to Arizona the first week of May. i'm so excited to live by Katherine again too! I can't wait! I also sold my contract hallaluah!! So as long as the girl that is buying it doesn't back out, i'm all set! AND I think that me and some friends found a really cute house to live in for the fall (and it is cheap), so that is super exciting as well. I can't believe that this semester is already coming to an end. It went by SO fast. It has been really great tho. I can't wait to see what this summer brings! and next fall.
Well this past weekend was easter and my church's general conference. It was SO good. i love conference. i feel like as i've gotten older, i have come to love conference a lot more and get more out of it every year. All the talks were so good. The apostles are such great examples of truly humble, christlike men. I love them so much. I got to go to conference sunday afternoon session and listen in person. The spirit is always so strong in the conference center. It was also really neat to listen to Jim Martino speak. He is from my home stake and is now one of the General Authorities. His wife used to babysit me when I was little and it was so cool to see him talking at General Conference. His talk was really good and I really enjoyed it. I thought this was really cute: As everyone was exiting the conference center after conference ended, President Uchtdorf and some of the apostles started waving to everyone as they left and everyone in the conference center starting waving bye back. It was really cute. After sunday afternoon session, I went over to the Beifuss' for easter dinner. ALL their family is in town so there were a lot of people there. It was a lot of fun. After dinner, Grandma June gathered everyone together in the great room (like thirty people) and we went around and each said our favorite talk or something we learned from conference. It was really good to hear what everyone had to say and just be reminded of some of the great stories from conference. I loved it and i think one day i will make it a tradition in my own family.
Also this weekend, I got to celebrate Celeste's 17th birthday with the Cosletts! They came into town for David's wedding and for Conference, so saturday night they threw celeste an indian themed birthday party. It was so fun!! It was set up and decorated so cute. They really are like my second family and I'm glad i got spend time with them!
Well i think that's all for now. I get my EMT-basic certification in about 3 weeks and I am really excited about that as well. Life is so great and i've been so blessesd. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!


love you all. over and out.



P.S. if your wondering about the blog title... it is the Arizona state motto. haha. it means "God Enriches." yuh!

2 comments:

  1. aw we love you, Virg! You are like my little sister and i'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virgy! I just love you! I am so excited for this experience for you! It will be wonderful and I cannot wait to hear about it! YEa! be safe and have fun! byt the way take pictures and blog about it!

    ReplyDelete